PreSonus releases Studio One v2.5
Presonus releases Studio One v2.5
Presonus have released an update to Studio One, bringing it to version 2.5. The new Studio One v2.5 update introduces a number of new features.
Single-swipe comping with automatic beamingÂ into parts makes comping much faster and more powerful.
Folder track editing
Edit directly on the Folder Track, with a waveformÂ preview for all tracks in the folder. This simplifies workflow with large trackÂ counts.
Track Transform Improvements
Multitrack transform for virtualÂ instruments. Now you can instantly turn complex multi-output virtualÂ instruments into audio tracks and back.
Free SoftTube Saturation Knob plugin
In addition to the free 2.5 update, all Studio One Producer and Professional users can now downloadÂ a free copy of Softubeâ€™s Saturation Knob plug-in. The plug-in is provided in aÂ Studio One Extension, and it is not necessary to create a Softube account orÂ authorize the plug-in.
- Ampire XT has been completely overhauled. All-new cabinet impulseÂ responses, matched with reworked amp models, results in a significantÂ improvement in sound quality.
- Automation Enhancements. Easier and faster editing of automationÂ envelopes.
- Audio Export Enhancements. Rendering multiple outputs at once resultsÂ in much faster exportsâ€”a huge timesaver.
- Re-recording from buses. This is a completely new feature that enablesÂ you to use the output of virtual instrument or bus channels as the input toÂ an audio track. In this way, you can print from buses or instruments to newÂ audio tracks in real time.
- Drag-and-drop Event Effects. Drag-and-drop workflow is even fasterÂ with a new modifier key that lets you do things like drag-and-drop effectsÂ directly onto events in the arrangement.
- Wet/Dry Mix and Mix Lock for Effects. Built-in parallel processing onÂ PreSonus Native Effects. For example, you can drop a compressor onÂ a drum bus, crank the ratio, and drop the threshold to squash the drumsÂ mercilessly, and then only mix that squashed sound 20% with the original,Â unprocessed sound.
- Legato and Overlap Correction (MIDI). Instantly apply or remove legatoÂ from MIDI tracks quickly and simplyâ€”a huge time-saver.
This new update is available now from Presonus. You can get it here:Â http://studioone.presonus.com/studio-one-2-5/