What’s New in Ableton Live 10 – PART 4: New Sounds in Ableton Live 10
And we are back with the fourth part of these series of articles on Ableton Live 10’s new features! This time, we’ll be looking at the new sounds in Ableton Live 10.
To read part 1, New Devices in Ableton Live 10, click here.
To read part 2, Workflow Improvements in Ableton Live 10, click here.
To read part 3, Ableton Push improvements in Ableton Live 10, click here.
Ableton Live 10 has brought brand new collections of packs that come with sounds that are ready for finished music right out of the box. The new Curated Collections and Essential Instruments packs will give users the ability of tweaking them to their needs or taking in different directions. The library has also been reorganized to make it easier to navigate and find the desired sounds.
- CURATED COLLECTIONS
Each new pack included in Live 10 is a curated selection of instruments, clips and samples that share a common sonic theme from a certain genre. These packs come ready to create as they are and they also present Macros for the user to shape them in whatever form needed.
Some of the featured curated collection packs are:
- Build and Drop: Loaded with ecstatic leads, enveloping bass, slamming drums and a range of rises, sirens and sounds effects, this collection is designed to be used with hard-hitting party music.
- Glitch and Wash: Loaded with precision slices, jagged electronic noise and microscopic snippets of sound with warm ambient pads, textures and soundscapes oriented for the more ambient and experimental electronic music genres that involve heavy tweaking and contrast of organic and artificial textures.
- Drive and Glow: This pack comes loaded with a combination of swirling synth textures, overdriven guitars and basses and pounding drums designed for more indie and eclectic music productions.
- Punch and Tilt: This pack comes loaded with a collection of sounds focused on machine rhythms, weighty bass and dark, hypnotizing melodies, textures and noises definitively designed for dance-floor oriented genres.
- Skitter and Step: Loaded with growling basses, rinsing pads and jarring melodies that collide with jagged, broken percussion, this pack is designed for producers involved in deep sound manipulation of cavernous spaces, dubby basses and tight drums.
- Chop and Swing: Loaded with curated recordings and professional presets perfect for cutting up and re-combining into fresh new tracks, this pack is designed for Ableton’s finest function: The art-form of sampling.
- ESSENTIAL INSTRUMENTS
Live 10 Suite has included four new instrument packs built by Ableton in collaboration with artists and sound designers. These packs are:
- Drum Essentials: Includes a collection of classic electronic kits and hits.
- Drum Booth: Includes a large collection of acoustic drums and percussion.
- Electric Keyboards: Includes the fresh multi-sampled sound of electric pianos and organs.
- Synth Essentials: Includes expertly programmed presets for Live’s synths with multi-sampled racks of classic hardware synthesizers.
As always, Ableton Live comes pre-packed with a plethora of sounds with which to get you going on music production, and the new sounds in Ableton Live 10 are no exception!
Are you excited about the new sounds in Ableton Live 10? Let us know in the comments!